General Skilled Migration Visas
General Skilled Migration Visas is for points-tested skilled workers and allows these workers to live and work in Australia on a permanent basis.
The main General Skilled Migration visas are:
- Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)
- Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)
General Skilled Migration Visas – Visa Requirements
To be able to apply for this visa, applicants must first submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) and then be invited through SkillSelect. If the applicant receives an invitation, the applicant will have 60 days to apply for the visa. During that time, the applicant cannot change the information in the expression of interest.
For the General Skilled Migration visas, applicants must:
- have not turned 50 years of age
- have competent English
- demonstrate a suitable Skills Assessment assessed by the relevant assessing authority for the nominated occupation from the:
- SOL – Skilled Occupation List (Independent)
- CSOL – Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (Nominated by a state or territory government agency under a State Migration Plan)
- meet the Points requirement
Contact Migration Agent Melbourne for fixed cost immigration help with lodgment of your Expression of Interest and subsequent GSM visa application.
|Skilled visas (subclass 189 / 190 / 489)
Base Application Charge
Additional Application Charge (18 and over)
Additional Application Charge (under 18)