Temporary Work (Skilled) 457 Visa
The Temporary Work (Skilled) visa, also known as the ‘457 visa‘ is a popular temporary visa, which allows overseas people to work in Australia for a business for up to four years.
The 457 visa is a pathway to permanent residence that could lead to Australian citizenship.
Temporary Work (Skilled) 457 Visa – Visa Requirements
The sponsor employer will need to:
- demonstrate it is a lawfully operating business
- show it meets the prescribed training requirements (Australian businesses only)
- nominate a position on the Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL)
- pay the applicant employee at least the current Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold (TSMIT) of $53,900, which must also be the market rate for that position.
The applicant employee will need to:
- be employed in a position on the Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL)
- demonstrate that the employee meets the skills, qualifications and experience necessary to work in the nominated occupation
- demonstrate that the employee holds the necessary licences and registrations necessary to work in the nominated occupation
- meet the English language level required for the nominated position
Contact Migration Agent Melbourne for work visa immigration services and focus on your business rather than immigration matters.
Base Application Charge
Additional Application Charge (18 and over)
Additional Application Charge (under 18)